TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As a registered volunteer for the Food Justice Coalition and for all volunteer related events and activities, you do hereby discharge the Food Justice Coalition, the event site, their management, officers, board members, employees, members, sponsors, volunteers, representatives, and their successors, and all cooperating businesses and organizations, from all claims of damages, demands, actions and causes whatsoever in any manner arising from or growing out of your participation in a Food Justice Coalition activity, event or fundraiser.
As a volunteer, you agree to indemnify and hold the Food Justice Coalition harmless for all fines, penalties, fees, and expenses incurred as a result of or related to any breach of contractual obligation to the participant.
By completing and submitting this form to the Food Justice Coalition, you understand and agree to the following:
- • I will conduct all volunteer activities with high standards, professionalism, and good taste, and will do nothing to cause detriment to the reputation or goodwill of the Food Justice Coalition.
- •Any contributions to the Food Justice Coalition (“FJC”) that I receive (“Individual Contributions”) and any contributions that I make will be sent to FJC no later than thirty days following the conclusion of the activity. All contributions will be paid in United States dollars, checks or money orders will be made payable to “Food Justice Coalition” and sent to: Food Justice Coalition, 9169 W State St. #1973, Garden City ID, 83714 Attention: Food Justice Coalition Donations Department.
- •I will not represent that the Food Justice Coalition is a producer, co-producer, sponsor, or presenter of the activity.
- •If the Food Justice Coalition determines, in its sole discretion, that the Fundraiser or related activities could injure the goodwill or reputation of FJC, FJC may terminate this Agreement immediately. Upon the expiration or sooner termination of Fundraiser, I shall discontinue using the FJC name and logo and all materials that reference the Fundraiser.
- •I declare the information provided by me in this Application is true, correct, and complete, and intend to be legally bound by its terms.
- NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
It is the policy and commitment of the Food Justice Coalition that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Food Justice Coalition is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law.
Any employee, board member, volunteer, or client who believes that s/he or any other affiliate of Food Justice Coalition has been discriminated against is strongly encouraged to report this concern promptly to the Executive Director.
Harassment or intimidation of a client, staff person, or guest because of that person’s race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion is specifically prohibited and may be grounds for termination. Harassment and intimidation include abusive, foul, or threatening language or behavior. Food Justice Coalition is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of any such harassment and will not tolerate discrimination against staff members, volunteers or agency clients.
Issues of discriminatory treatment, harassment, or intimidation on any of these bases should immediately be reported to the Executive Director or immediate supervisor and, if substantiated, prompt action will be taken.